Blades alliance
login, have fun, be polite
Blades alliance
login, have fun, be polite
Blades alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blades alliance

All about the games i play

HometestpageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
groups are on hold
rules are under revision, for now just be polite
hey all , games and such have been added on the main portal, good luck all
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Off topic/Random
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:57 pm by StasisReborn

» hero lesson chat quote
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:34 pm by Margath

» our secrete
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:41 am by Margath

» members in dark
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 pm by Margath

» alliance, Assassin
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 pm by Margath

» general intel
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:28 pm by Margath

» screenshot
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:46 pm by Margath

» Suggestions
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:38 pm by Stasis

» margath's blog
Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:38 am by Margath

Poll
Affiliates
free forum

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Blades alliance on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Blades alliance on your social bookmarking website

Character Builds/Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stasis
executive
executive

Character Builds/Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:12 am

Hey, it's Stasis again, and this is my thread that discusses character builds (or ideas) for DDO. Most of you who know me know that I take any class I can and pump so much DPS into it that it makes level 20 Fighters cry for their mothers. I harbor a deep hate for caster types, so if there are any caster builds on this thread, they aren't from me, I can assure you that :p So go ahead, post your own builds, post ideas for builds, rip shit off the official forums, it's all you. I may post a build every once in a while, feel free to use them. Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:42 am

Here's a thought: Kensei Heavy Picks. You do moderate to moderately high DPS, (crits are massive) Taking Weapon Specialization: Piercing and anything to boost the attack and damage of your heavy pick is going to make you a formidible player. One thing that will really get the damage going is Improved Critical: Piercing, that doubles the threat range of the x4 Pick and makes you crit far more often, dealing massive amounts of damage (I've recorded 130+ crits, not to mention the the other enchantments on the weapons, we could be talking about 160+ crits) Kensei let's you improve upon your Heavy Pick skills, granting more damage and attack while wielding one, and eventually letting you increase the threat range of this already dangerous weapon. Note that Kensei is only availible to the Fighter class, starting at level 6. This isn't a build per se', just a general idea, feel free to use it
Back to top Go down
Margath
nobility
nobility

Evony Status
specialty: everything
avalable time per day: 2-5 hours
Your self proclaimed skill:
Character Builds/Ideas Left_bar_bleue80/100Character Builds/Ideas Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

PostSubject: DROW ranger   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:53 pm

this is somthing i am working on and i will post the exact skills/enhancments and such after i he lvl 10
but for now just the general idea, it involves choosing weapons and equipment to work in conjunction with skills and abilities

so important basics..
high dex
two weapon fighting
weapon finesse
drow race bonus for shortswords
armored bracers
specialty robes with good "benifits" , outfits work too, look for damage buffs
good chance to add skills for crits as well, still working it in though

all in all a pretty ballanced character, good solo ability
i am trying for pure ranger, but a couple lvls of rogue would make solo play easier, although thief hirelings can do the job for you
Back to top Go down
http://bladesalliance.webatu.com
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:22 pm

those Rogue hirelings like to bug out A LOT. and the Ranger capstone enhancement basically lets you shoot more arrows in a shorter amout of time. but rogue is good for the sneak attack and trap ability
Back to top Go down
Margath
nobility
nobility

Evony Status
Character Builds/Ideas Left_bar_bleue80/100Character Builds/Ideas Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

yeahthe current ranger capstone kinda sucks, but i really not doing it for the capstone ability, .. its a self goal thinglol

i have not had any problem with the 2 rogues i hired, great for traps and doors so far
Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 pm

well i was thinking about the capstone for my AA, i like to shoot arrows a lot lol, but maybe its not for you. what is your focus anyways, melee over ranged, vice versa, or are you split?
Back to top Go down
Margath
nobility
nobility

Evony Status

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 pm

right now i am split, but i will be going tempest , a few redo's of my enhancments and a little new gear, i should be well in line when i hit lvl 9,
Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:45 pm

i am still not getting your unarmored concept, please explain it to me lol
Back to top Go down
Satinavian
junior
junior

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:55 pm

I have leveled a quite similar build : Drow Rog2/Bard(Rest)

Thus combining trapskills and Doors and a little sneak with the selfhealing and overall buffing bard.

Drow being used to get the Dex for TWF (at least 15 start, took 16), a decent Int(skillpoints, trapskills, 14 for me) and high Cha(Bard Caster skill, UMD,Perform, Diplo, took 16) with enough Str(14) and Con(12). The racial bonus to Search and Spot help mitigate the skillpoint-shortness, a multi has as does the option to take racial enhacements, when realla needed. Racial weapon enhancements (Rapiers, Shortswords) work well with a featstarved TWF Rog/Bard.

As PRE i used Spellsinger, as i rated the possibility to restore SP higher than the loved and heated Recklessness-Song, but Warchanter would work as well.

This toon can do traps, heal and buff as all bards, UMD all mising spells, has moderate DCs for CC and a huge SP-Pool (last as Spellsinger) and can survive in Melee. Excellent Solo-ability and also very useful in groups, as it can cover all normal bard duties and in addition some other roles that the party needs.

Where this toon is weak, is raids, as raids tend to have no important traps, need more efficient healing for 11 other people and during bossfights, The CC DCs are lower than those of all CC-Specced Casters, the melee-damage is not high enough to contribute considerable in bossfights and pure warchanter bards have better Inspire Courage, what is most efficient in a 12-people-group. I assume similar experiences for epics.
Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:06 am

I have a Elf Favord Soul dual wielding Scimitars right now. Why Scims and not khopeshes? Well, a FvS only gets a little bit of weapon proficiency, and they are rather feat starved, so wasting a feat on khopesh is out of the question. But, an elven FvS gets a feat called Favored by the Undying Court, which grants you proficiency with Scimitars. Elves have bonuses to scim damage, and feats to add to the attack and damage of the scimitar. This character can solo very well, and can put out some considerable DPS (its no fighter or barb, but it does damage) it also buffs the party and hands out heals when necessary. The only downside to this build is the sacrifice of offensive casting, just melee and healing is what it does.
Back to top Go down
Margath
nobility
nobility

Evony Status

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm

unarnored, no worry about max dex adj
able to choose robe/outfit for effect instead of relying on armor that reall does nothing for me
Back to top Go down
Armantis

Armantis

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 am

Actually Stasis being 2 levels above my fighter you were putting out great DPS with that FVS. I unfortunately know jack about character builds, I play the character I make and try to make it do what I want. I mostly come by descent builds by luck and alot of trial and error. I usually don't haqve the patience to research on the internet before I roll a toon.
Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm

DDO wiki gave me a very rough idea, and im just winging that build lol, if you want to get a more complex one, search the forums ( I can never find anything good on there myself, its really big and confusing) and you may come up with something, I myself never use straight builds, I usually tweak them to what i want to do.
Back to top Go down
Satinavian
junior
junior

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:26 am

Well, i also never copy builds. But the discussion on the forums give you a good idea, why people value this or that ability, which is itself a very good build advice.

Unfortunately, most of the forum builds are constucted for epics and raids at lv 20. And the discussions tend to also focus exclusivly on the 20th-level performance.

Back to top Go down
Margath
nobility
nobility

Evony Status

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

that is what i see too much of
"if you don't do it this way or se this type then you will be useless at 20th lvl"

which is complete crap, as everyone knows by now, i take my time lvling, by time i reach 20th i will have a group of characters that may not be able to zerg through quests without thinking, but thats not what i want anyway

Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm always hearing people say that if your gear is good, you dont really have to worry about anything. Maybe thats your problem Orran, you need way better gear than what your rolling now lol. Besides, making it to lvl 20 is a great accomplishment in itself.
Back to top Go down
Satinavian
junior
junior

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:07 am

Just read about the coming changes in U9.

Seems like the whole epic thing is to be changed. I wonder, how soon the impact on builds and preferred gear can be seen.

Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:19 pm

i was also reading about some of the changes, and it looks like they are gonna nerf FW. Do you think thats going to change builds at all?
Back to top Go down
Satinavian
junior
junior

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:52 pm

I think, other changes have more impact on builds.

No more autocrit with hold -> less picks more kopeshes, arcanes less concerned about mass-hold-DC, bad for pure barbs
Elemental savants -> every sorc, who id not yet a nuker, will respecialize
less blanket immunities in epics -> boost for rogue assassins and other classes with offensive/debuff class-features in higher levels, that are now more useful.

Metas like maximize or empower are less favorable (in terms of damage/SP) with most damage-spells being cheaper. Some builds might miss out one of them. Extend will be skipped by all arcanes who don't like buffing and prefer offensive casting.

But most of the spell changes will result in different tactics and different spell selection, not in different builds, as DCs, spell pen. and primary stats are basically unchainged. Maybe we will see slighly higher primary stats as now more spells have a save and epic mobs get a slightly higher modifier. Maybe even more shift to archmage from pale master
Back to top Go down
Stasis
executive
executive

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Damn it, i just effing went Palemaster. And less focus on Maximize and Empower you say? LOL, my build is screwed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Builds/Ideas   Character Builds/Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Builds/Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blades alliance :: DDO :: khyber server-
Jump to: